Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 16 August 2014

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies! The Perfect Recipe! (Gluten Free)




A friend of mine posted some photos of some delicious cookies that she had made, and they looked so amazing! I got her to share the recipe with me as I just had to make some myself. I posted a photo of them on Instagram and Facebook and everyone told me how delicious they looked, so I had to share the recipe. 

The recipe is really so simple and easy and does not take long at all, in fact I made mine yesterday morning in no time at all. The recipe doesn't require a lot of ingredients, and is also gluten free (there is no flour involved). Once again this recipe is perfect for any peanut butter lovers out there! The cookies also have chocolate chunks in them but you can leave the chocolate out if you'd prefer a slightly healthier alternative.  

This has definitely become one of my favourite cookie recipes!




Ingredients: 
- 250g peanut butter (I used chunky but you can use smooth too).
- 150g sugar 
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder/soda
- 100g dark chocolate (chopped into small chunks, or use chocolate chips)

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, line two baking trays with parchment paper or baking foil. 

2. Beat the peanut butter, sugar, egg and baking soda until well combined. 


3. Chop up the chocolate bar into small chunks.

4. Add chocolate chunks to the peanut butter mixture.


5. With lightly floured hands, roll tablespoon amounts of the dough into balls. 
















6. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.

7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to another plate and let them cool. 







The cookies are also perfect whilst they are still slightly warm as the chocolate is all gooey and melted. 

Also, I aimed to get the chocolate chunks into the middle of the cookies so when they are bitten into the chocolate is all gooey and soft on the inside of the cookie. 


The recipe made about 14 cookies, and go perfectly with a cup of tea!  







Here is the original recipe if you'd prefer to follow this instead. The ingredients are slightly different to the ones I used. 






If anyone has any questions about the recipe please don't hesitate to ask! 


1 comment:

  1. these sound and look incredible! Anything with peanut butter and chocolate together I am all over! I'm definitely going to make these :) x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete