Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 10 August 2014

Cuerden Park: A great place for dog walking!





I walk my dog at this park often enough that I thought it warrants its own blog post. It is a great park near me called Cuerden Park, which is located in the North West of England. Technically it says it is located in Chorley, but I live in Lostock Hall in Preston and it takes me 10 minutes to drive to. The Park has approximately 650 acres of parkland, woodland, meadows, a lake, ponds and gardens maintained to a high standard by dedicated staff and volunteers.

The park also hosts a variety of different events which you can look at if you go to their website, I havent personally attended any of the events but the other month they did a mini camping festival which seemed pretty good and I wished I had gone to it, they also do lots of running events. There is also a Farmers marker on the last sunday of each month, which I still need to check out. 

The park is perfect to walk round either with or without a dog, and the walk can either be done quickly or can be done in a longer time, its up to you which kind of walk you want. There is also plenty of water for your dog to access incase it is a hot day, and there is also a large lake at one end of the park for people to either go fishing, have a picnic next to, or simply to just feed the ducks. There are several picnic benches all over the park to sit and enjoy some time in the park. The park is also great for runners, there is always someone running around the park whenever I go, and I myself have gone for a few runs round the park. 

I usually walk my dog round this park in the evenings when the park is quieter, mainly because there is also less children about at night as my dog is not a fan of children really. The park has a large wooded area too, which my dog loves running around and hunting rabbits in. 

If you live in the Chorley or Preston area I definitely recommend that you check out this park, I can guarantee your dog will love it! 


 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment