Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Banana & Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe


I was in the mood for baking but didn't want to spend too much on ingredients, then I came across this brilliant two ingredient recipe for banana peanut butter ice cream. The Two Peas and Their Pod website has many fantastic recipes and are definitely worth checking out! I know I will be trying some more of their amazing recipes! 

All the ice cream needs is bananas and peanut butter (however I decided to use a small amount of single cream in mine too). So it can't really get much cheaper! The recipe is so simple and easy, and is definitely a must if you're a huge fan of bananas and peanut butter like myself! 

I was a little skeptical at first as I didn't think it was possible to make ice cream with so little ingredients but it definitely works! It is even possible to just make Banana ice cream using only bananas. This recipe has definitely opened my eyes to a new way to make various different ice creams! 




All you need is:
- 4 ripe bananas (or more if you want more ice cream).
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (up to you how much you use, and also its up to you whether you use crunchy or smooth).
- 1 tablespoon of single cream (this is optional! You can also add more if you want the ice cream to be creamier). 




1. Slice the bananas into small chunks/slices and place on to a freezable plate/dish.
2. Freeze the bananas for approximately 2 hours. 




3. Once the bananas are frozen place them all in a mixer/blender and blend until the bananas form a smooth, creamy puree consistency. This may take a while but they will turn to a smooth puree. I found this easier to achieve with a hand held electronic mixer than my blender, however this may just be due to my blender being old.



4. Once the bananas have turned into a smooth puree then add  the peanut butter. I added 2 tablespoons worth but it is completely up to you how much you add. If you want just a small hint of peanut butter then only had a small amount, or if you want a strong taste add more. 



5. Blend/mix the peanut butter evenly into the bananas.  



6. I then added a small amount of single cream to the banana and peanut butter mixture, but this is optional and can be done without for a more healthy alternative. 
7. Blend/mix the cream evenly through the mixture. 



8. Pour the mixture into a tupperware tub or and old ice cream container and place back in the freezer. 
9. Freeze the ice cream for approximately 4 hours before serving. 
10. Wait until the ice cream is frozen to your desired consistency. Then enjoy! 






What is also great about this recipe is that you can change the ingredients to achieve different tastes. For instance this recipe would also work fantastically with nutella instead of peanut butter, I will definitely be trying that alternative in future! Another fantastic point about this simple recipe is that it doesn't even require an ice cream maker! Also this recipe is pretty healthy too which is always a plus!





The original recipe I used can be found here





I hope you all enjoyed the recipe! 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 





2 comments:

  1. omg I'm deffo gonna make this! such a simple recipe :) thanks for sharing Katy!

    L x

    www.loulabeth.co.uk // bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously is so easy! Couldn't be any easier really! :) Hope you enjoy the ice cream! xxx

      Delete