Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 21 August 2014

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside.




On Wednesday evening my mum, boyfriend and I decided to take a drive to Southport, so I thought I would do a quick post with some photos of my evening out. The drive to Southport takes approximately 30 minutes from my house, and is a genuinely lovely drive down the A roads and then by the coast. Southport is a lovely coastal town with a great beach, and is a fantastic place to go for a walk and to get some fish and chips. I love driving to Southport too because the road along the coast is all uneven so its like being on a small roller coaster! I probably shouldn't think of the road like that but it is definitely fun to drive down! 







We also took our cocker spaniel with us because the sand dunes and grassland are one of her favourite places to run along and search for rabbits. We spent around an hour or so walking around the sand dunes enjoying the beautiful scenery and especially the evening sun, which was definitely appreciated after being cooped up inside all day. After our walk we went into the town centre to enjoy some fish and chips from one of the local chip shops.  










Southport also has a fantastic beach but sadly dogs aren't allowed on the beach during the summer or peak time, so we usually tend to drive further along to access the sand dunes. There is also loads of shops around the town, and lots of lovely places to walk around in Southport. The pier at Southport is fantastic to walk down and a great spot to appreciate the beautiful beach. 












No comments:

Post a Comment