Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 29 August 2014

A Perfect Walk With My Favourites.

I've had such a hectic and busy week so I haven't really had much spare time, especially not really any spare time to do some blogging sadly. However, this afternoon I made sure I got to go on a lovely long walk with my cocker spaniel and boyfriend to clear my head and get some well needed fresh air. Even though the weather was horrible and it was throwing it down all afternoon we still had a lovely walk through some woods. We went a walk round one of my favourite spots in the North West, Roddlesworth Reservoir. 


I have previously blogged about this walk and how amazing it is, which can be found here. I really cannot recommend this walk enough, I've shown some of our close friends and they now love it too! It is a fantastic place to walk with your dog or simply to go for a nice walk and a picnic. The walk can either last an hour or 4 hours its up to you how long you want to be out walking for! But today due to the horrid weather we only walked round for a couple of hours.


We park up next to a pub called Hare & Hounds on Bolton Road in Abbey Village, which is  (super) dog friendly and always provides excellent service, and the staff are always very welcoming and the pub has a cosy feel to it. We have only had some snacks from there but we are always happy with the food when we go in. Also I think its wonderful when pubs allow dogs into them, as it really makes you feel so welcome, and we are definitely more likely to go in. I really don't understand why more pubs don't do it! 


I really love just walking round woods with my cocker spaniel and boyfriend, and I love feeling like I am far away from civilisation and in the middle of nowhere. This walk is perfect for that! I also love that this walk is never too busy so you aren't constantly watching out for other people and other dogs. Like I said, I cannot recommend this walk enough. We walked round one of the reservoirs and through the woods and then went to the pub! Perfect Friday. 





















Pennie enjoying the pub! 




1 comment:

  1. The scenery is so beautiful! Great photos!
    I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Come check out the post and what you have to do next! http://stephsilverlining.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete