Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 1 August 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine.



I thought I would do a post about my everyday make up routine and which products I use. I would say I am pretty comfortable with the products I use everyday for my makeup, I have been using most of the products for months, if not years, and I would thoroughly recommend all the products! I don't tend to use too many make up products, especially not everyday, and I tend to mainly focus on eye make up. 

I start by applying a moisturiser or a primer, and wait for it to settle before applying my foundation. I only use a small amount of foundation and try to create a more natural look. I have a very pale complexion, and lots of freckles, so if I wear a lot of makeup I feel a bit too dolled up or that I am caked in makeup. 




This Maxfactor Colour Adapt foundation is perfect, it has such a smooth light texture and is so easy to apply. What I also love about this product is that I don't need to use a lot each day, nor does it feel like I'm wearing loads of makeup. I used to use a different Maxfactor foundation until they discontinued the product so I had to change to a different one, but I am definitely happy with this foundation and will keep purchasing it in future! 





I then apply the Clinique pore refining solutions, but only if I feel like any blackheads are showing, or if I feel like I need a bit more coverage. 





I apply a small amount of blusher just to provide a rosy glow, and this Revlon highlighting palette is perfect! They also do a different darker colour which is good for those with darker complexions. I have previously reviewed this product on my blog, you can see the review here





I then apply mascara to my bottom lashes, and this mascara by Maxfactor (2000 calorie) is definitely one of my all time favourite mascaras and one I wholeheartedly recommend. I've been using the waterproof version at the moment, as I needed a new mascara for my graduation, and I needed one that would stay put all day, this mascara definitely did the job. Another example of how amazing this mascara is; when I travelled to Ireland I applied the mascara at 4 in the morning, had to travel to Ireland, then spent all day walking around a town in Ireland, had a long nap, and then a BBQ, and my mascara was still perfectly on at the end of the day. If thats not a great mascara I don't know what is! However, my one issue with the mascara is that it is so good that sometimes it doesn't want to come off, and requires makeup remover especially for waterproof makeup. But this is also a plus, because I sometimes find that my mascara wears off on my bottom lashes, especially in summer, so this waterproof mascara is perfect. I can't speak highly enough about the Maxfactor mascaras and foundations! 





I then apply my eyeshadows and I tend to use a few of the natural brown tones on my eyelids. This is because I find that brown tones compliment blue eyes. I also find that they are suitable for everyday wear and don't look like I'm wearing too much makeup. I use both the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and also Bourjois Paris eyeshadow. However I have had this Bourjois eyeshadow for years so I'm not too sure if they still make this colour, but due to the fact that I still use this product everyday and have had it for years surely makes it stand out as an amazing product. 




I then apply the Soap and Glory Supercat liquid eyeliner to the top of my eyelids, creating a slight feline flick. Then using the Thick and Fast Soap and Glory mascara I coat my upper eyelashes with the mascara. I have also previously reviewed this product on my blog, you can view the post here







What are the everyday makeup products you would recommend?
Do any of these product feature in your everyday makeup routine? 



1 comment:

  1. I love my naked basics palette- I've had it for about a year now and use it pretty much everyday
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete