Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 18 July 2014

Soft Soft Soft!

Here's another beauty product review about the recent moisturising products I've purchased or that I'm using at the moment.




I recently bought the Garnier Body Intensive 7 day softening nourishing lotion and figured I should do a review of the product. The lotion is 250ml and was on offer from Boots when I bought the product for just under £2, whereas it is usually a bit more expensive, and there is also a larger bottle available. The product is said to be fast absorbing, which it definitely is, I hate waiting around for any moisturisers to absorb into the skin, and I often hate the feeling of moisturisers on my skin. But this product is perfect because it really does absorb into the skin quickly, leaving a silky feel and a gorgeous sweet almond fragrance, it also doesn't leave a sticky or dense feeling on the skin either but a light feeling effect. I am a sucker for anything almond no matter what the product is, so this lotion is spot on for me. The garner lotion range also contains various other fragrances such as Shea butter (which is also a great product!), mango oil and Aloe Vera, just to name a few. The product has definitely softened my skin; I have definitely noticed a difference on my arms and hands. Unfortunately I have a couple of insect bites on my legs at the moment so have been avoiding using too many lotions on my legs, but I'm sure the lotion will work excellently on my legs too. This lotion is definitely recommended! However, if you do suffer from really dry skin this product may not be for you, I thankfully don't have dry skin really so I don't need to apply too much moisturiser, so people with dry skin may want to try a thicker more intense moisturiser. Also, next time I think I will also try the Intensive 7 day Hand Cream by Garnier.



I thought it would also be a good idea to review one of my all time favourite moisturisers; Nivea Soft. I swear by this product and wear it every day, especially before applying my makeup. It is perfect for every day use but I also use it when my skin is feeling extra dry (I just apply it more liberally). Also when my lips are feeling slightly chapped I apply the moisturiser around the area of my mouth and it really does help. I also use this product when on holiday when I have sunburn as I really trust this product to soften my skin no matter what. It isn't too dense or heavy on the skin so I have never had any spots or oily skin from using this product. This product can also be used on basically anywhere on the body; face, hands and body. Also what is great about this product is that you can virtually get it from any shop, it is sold in Boots and Superdrug, but I have also been able to buy this product from the pound shop, £1 for a moisturiser that lasts for a while and that I really do trust is definitely a bonus! I have even got my mother using this product when usually she buys clinique and other expensive creams. I definitely recommend that everyone gives this product a try, at £1 a bottle it is hard to say no. 



I have also started to use the Sally Hanson Cuticle Massage Cream. I really love this product because I have definitely noticed a substantial improvement in my cuticles since using it, and also the smell of the product is just divine, it has a fruity tropical smell. The product is really quick and easy to use, and seems like it will last for ages as you don't need to apply a lot. It is supposed to be used every day, just by rubbing a small amount into the area around the nails, I have been using it before bedtime as that's the best time I find to apply moisturisers. I'm unsure how much this product is as I got it for Christmas, and shamefully it has been at the bottom of my nail varnish bag(s) since. 



Have you tried any of these products? What moisturisers would you recommend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment