Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 29 May 2015

Chocolate and Aero Bundt Cake!






As a surprise for my brother's birthday I thought I would make him a Chocolate cake, he loves chocolate cake and could probably eat a whole cake to himself! When he was little he used to eat the chocolate fudge cakes basically to himself so I'm sure this cake will be no problem for him! 

I followed a recipe I found online at all recipes. I amended the recipe a little bit and it seemed to work, all I changed really was the amount of milk I added, as the mixture seemed to be very runny anyways before I added the milk so I added 200ml instead of 250ml. 



Ingredients: 
  • 375g plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 60g unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 225g butter, softened
  • 110g margarine
  • 600g caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 medium sized eggs
  • 200ml milk















  1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. 
  2. Grease and flour a Bundt cake tin. 
  3. Sift plain flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together. Set aside for the time being.
  4. In a large bowl, cream the butter, margarine, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
  5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. 
  6. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Mix well.
  7. Pour into the prepared Bundt tin. 
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into cake comes out clean. My cake took almost 90 minutes to fully cook as mine was in a giant bundt tin. I just turned the oven down slighty and moved it down in the oven. 
  9. Let cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.



The cake took a looooooong time to cool! I left it on the side for about 1 hour and it was still warm in the centre. So I had to wait a long time before I could ice it and put the aero balls on top. 
The icing on top is chocolate butter icing, and is made up of cocoa, icing sugar and butter. To make just cream the butter till it is light and fluffy and slowly add the icing sugar and cocoa to the butter. Keep creaming the butter so it is still light and fluffy. Then just decorate as you like, I just added mint aero balls because my brother loves mint too. 


Also to note that the cake is absolutely massive! It serves about 15 people with generous servings! So this cake would be excellent for birthdays or parties! :)


Hope you enjoy the recipe and it is definitely easier to make if you have a magi mixer or kitchen aid. 

Here is the mixture in the bundt cake tin before cooking, it was so delicious and rich! 

The cake is yummy before putting icing on it too, the cake is definitely sweet enough without the icing sugar on too. 



If I was going to make the cake again I think I would decorate the cake with even more chocolate! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment