Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 27 January 2015

An update on my new year resolutions...




As January is coming to a close I thought it would be a nice idea to do a review of how I have been getting on with my new year resolutions.

So far one resolution I have definitely stuck by is cutting down my sugar, I have successfully began to have 1 sugar instead of 2 in my tea. I can't say that this has been making a massive difference to anything except from perhaps I like my cups of tea less... I have also been trying to eat more fruit, which I have been doing whilst I am on placement at least. However I should probably also try to cook and eat some different recipes, for example ones including lots of different vegetables. I haven't done any baking for a week or so but the other weekend I tried a new recipe; Cinnamon Rolls, which was one of my resolutions. Perhaps this weekend I will bake something different again. 


Unfortunately I can't say I have really done any more exercise recently. Definitely need to do some more soon! I mean obviously I walk my pooch a lot but I do really want to try to do some more yoga and pilates. Think I am just lacking both inspiration and motivation at the moment, perhaps if I had a goal or holiday booked then I would do some more.


Sadly I haven't travelled anywhere in the past few weeks either, I went to Manchester last weekend but that hardly counts as travelling. I would love to book a city break/trip away with my boyfriend sometime in the near future. Also I think a trip to see my university friends is definitely needed soon! 


Looking back at my new year resolutions has definitely been useful too, it has allowed me to see if I have actually progressed at all through the month or if there are still a few areas I need to change (like doing some more exercise...). I would definitely recommend everyone to have a look back at theirs if they did some of their own new year resolutions. 

I can't believe how quickly January has passed me by! I hope everyone has had a great start to their year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment