Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 2 June 2014

Do you want to go to the seaside?

So I've finished my undergraduate degree at Leeds University now! (I hope..!) So I thought I should get into blogging more, simply because I've heard so many great things about actually doing it, and it will keep my writing skills up to scratch, hopefully! I will probably mostly do lifestyle posts, mainly about walking my dog, and going for days out. But I'm going to try get into writing some beauty/book/film review posts, and also hopefully put some of my favourite recipes up on here too! 

Friday was my last day and also my last exam at university, so I went for a celebratory pint at the union and into Leeds City centre with my friend. We went to the Alchemist in the Trinity centre. I only had a cocktail and a small portion of chips, both were yummy, however I do feel like the place is a little overrated; especially because it is so expensive for both cocktails and food. But hopefully I will return again one day and try another cocktail or another meal to see if the place really lives up to my expectations. 

I also went out celebrating on Friday night out in Leeds with my two housemates. I drank cocktails all night and had a wonderful time, the fact that I only spent about £10 the entire night was a bonus too! Saturday I had a day of cleaning and packing/moving back home, by the evening I was shattered so just relaxed and watched a film with my mother and boyfriend. 

On Sunday we went to Lytham St. Annes beach, my cocker spaniel loves running around the sand dunes, and we thought we would make the most of the nice weather! It didn't seem to be too sunny but apparently I did get a bit sunburnt (i had a little red nose last night)! I love going to Lytham as the beach is so lovely and it doesn't take too long to drive to, plus it is a really lovely and easy drive on a nice sunny day. 

We took a picnic and just relaxed on the beach, i just wish I had taken a book with me. But i did end up running around with Pennie and entertaining her. My boyfriend and I walked to the sea and back with Pennie and had to keep running around the sand dunes with her as she hates to sit still when on a walk. 

Once we returned home my mother and I went out for a drive, as i was recently put back onto the car insurance after over a year, so I had to get used to driving again, and I also have to get used to driving a new car.  I went out with my mother for a short drive then went out again to go onto the motorway again, both my mother and boyfriend said I was doing great driving again, so thats great to hear! So hopefully I will be able to drive to lovely places again soon, I think a trip to Manchester is needed! I have to say I have missed driving so much! I am torn between buying my own car or staying on the insurance and saving money. We will see what my mother prefers!



















:)

No comments:

Post a Comment